Bug_Mech

Bug_Mech

Monday, May 11, 2015

Character Model

Character Model
This is a character model I was working on last quarter I like the way it turned out. However I think the textures are kind of plain. The assignment was pretty basic and was literally just to make a character from scratch to be ready to model. Did I do well yes if you could see the wire frame of the character you would be able to see that the character has fairly clean topology. Is it perfect? by no means is that the case. This was actually my first character model I have ever worked on so for a first good on ya try I would say I did fairly well.

There are things i am not fond of on this image one of them is that the character though it is hard to see does not have eyes. It is a simple fix however it should've been done. Another thing I don't like is that the gaps in the armor should've been like a latex type look however I had issues with that part. For some reasons the textures weren't showing up in the programs right.

The programs that were used in this was a fairly standard pipeline for me now. Started off modeling the character in Maya. For those who don't know Z Brush is hard for doing anything hard surface because flat edges are difficult. After using Maya for the low poly model I used Z Brush to make the high poly model. Then used X Normals to bake the normal maps and ambient occlusion using the high and low poly models. Then I used those maps and Quixel Suites to make the final colored maps. All in all I loved this assignment it allowed me to figure out that I really enjoy modeling and texturing.

No comments:

Post a Comment