Bug_Mech

Bug_Mech

Monday, May 18, 2015

Mech Model Update

Update

Here is an update on the mech 3D model I have been working on. To get into specifics About what I have done with it now is I have taken the 3D model from Autodesk Maya and transferred the model into Pixelogics Z Brush. I have used z brush to add some stock program details as well as some of my own little scuffs and detail work I especially like the chain gun pack that is on the characters back. I think it has a few nice little touches mostly the paneling which is making it stand out a little more than before as well as the paneling that is now on the guns themselves.

In theory what should happen once I finish the high poly I should be able to do a normal bake onto the low poly UV Maps. This will allow me to have a 10 to 15000 poly count model instead of one running in the millions which there is no way Maya could handle. Then I will take the high poly normal map and add it which will in turn give the model an illusion of having the detail work it has in the high poly. 

Another feature I like is one I recently found in Z Brush do to a teacher and that is the curve brushes which allowed me to string the chain gun bullets together without copious hours of work as well. All in all I think the model is still coming together fairly well and I am learning a lot about Z brush which will help me in the future of this business. I find myself enjoying the work rather than mourning it which is a nice change.

No comments:

Post a Comment