Bug_Mech

Bug_Mech

Monday, April 20, 2015

spider mech concept

This is a project I did a while ago but I liked the way it came out, The image itself is mostly composited images for textures and actual digital paint on top with various Photoshop effects. I liked the assignment itself, the assignment was supposed to be a basic concept design of a background with a subject. Obviously it meets the requirements in every way. Granted they were not difficult requirements to complete it was still my first digital composite/ painting.

The piece consists of a basic background of a dilapidated city that is being torn apart by this Godzilla sized mech. I personally like the tone of the picture it is almost a sepia type tone which seems to give this feeling like this just happened and the dust hasn't even settled yet.

I was proud of this when I completed it because it was a very difficult thing to learn to do at the time. Also for a first piece I think it turned out pretty solid. I have received a lot of compliments on it even people wanting prints done up. Which yes is a little ego boost but we all need one every so often.

The mech itself I wanted to have a steam punk kind of feel with a modern background. Another thing that I think was a success about the piece. All in all it was a good project and I learned a lot in doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment