Bug_Mech

Bug_Mech

Monday, June 1, 2015

Team Production Model

Team Production Model

This is the character model I am working on for my pre-team production class. this is the low poly model. The model is just over 3,000 polygon count which I think is fairly impressive. I started this model for our short in team production which I will not say what it is about at this moment in time but it should be pretty funny. For this project I am actually in charge of the modeling department of our small collaborative team. 

So far I am very happy with the model the model was originally made in z brush and then taken to Maya to retopologize the model I am glad that I have the trust in making this model. it is a large portion it is the focus of our short so to have that trust instilled in me makes me feel great.

Now the plan has moved to take this low poly model and rig it in order to be able to animate it. The rigging process is tedious but should be done shortly. While they work on the rig I will be working on the UV maps and baking down the highpoly map to the low poly. It should turn out very nicely once the normal maps are done. overall I would say I am happy with the way things are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment